Strawberry Black Garlic BBQ Sauce
This sauce goes very well with smoke pulled pork sandwiches.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, medium dice
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 8 Obis One Black Garlic cloves
- Pinch of Black Garlic Salt
- Pinch of Black Crack
- 2 cups of strawberries (tops removed and quartered)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. worchester sauce
- 1 tbsp. basil, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1. Heat olive oil in saucepan on medium heat.
2. Once preheated add onions, jalapenos, and black garlic cloves, season with black garlic salt and black crack. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
3. Once soft add strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. Cook until strawberries start to break down, stirring constantly.
4. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Place sauce in food processor and blend until smooth.
6. Use right away or refrigerate for up to 7 days.
- You can use a food processor to chop onions, jalapeños & strawberries to save time.
- Adjust vinegar to taste.
- Jalapeño can be substituted with other peppers: Habanero for more heat or poblano for less heat, etc.