Roasted Fennel and New Jersey Tomato Salad
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 30-40 min.
Skill Level: Easy
Serves: 6 Servings
- 3 Jersey tomatoes, *julienne (in our case 15 Glacier tomatoes)
- 2 large fennel bulbs, sliced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Obis One black crack
- salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven at 450oF.
2. Slice the tomatoes in half and use your thumb to remove the entire inside of the tomato, both seeds and juice. Once the tomato is hollow, begin slicing tomato (*see julienne cut below).
3. For easier cleanup prepare your roasting tray by placing a piece of parchment paper on top. Arrange fennel on tray with plenty of space between them. Season them with salt and pepper and drizzle them with olive oil.
4. Roast fennel in the oven until tender and brown in spots, 30-40 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, tarragon, orange juice and Black Crack.
6. Combine cooked fennel, julienned tomatoes and add dressing. Mix until well blended.
* A julienne (also called a “matchstick”) is a type of cut that makes a long thin strip
Original Recipe Credit:
Obis One LLC Invention Kitchen