Pulled Mushroom “Pasta” with Black Garlic Butter Sauce
Inspired by H. Alexander Talbot and Aki Kamozawa
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 4 hrs.
Skill Level: Tough
Serves: 4 Side Dishes or 2 Small Plates
- 2 1/2 cups of Trumpet mushrooms sliced in half lengthwise (enokis will work too)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. Obis One Black Crack, ground
Black Garlic Butter Sauce:
- 4 Obis One Black Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. Set immersion circulator to 195°F. If you are not using an immersion circulator, heat water in a large pot to 195°F, monitoring it throughout the process using a candy thermometer. 2.
2. Clean mushrooms by using a slight damp cloth. 3.
3. Combine mushrooms, olive oil, thyme and black garlic crack. Vacuum seal. 4.
4. Cook sous vide in 195°F bath for 4 hrs. 5.
5. Carefully remove mushrooms from the vacuum-sealed bags and drain on a half sheet tray lined with paper towels. 6.
6. Remove heads and pull mushrooms apart making small strings.
1. Using a saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Remove from the heat. 2.
2. Add mushroom “pasta” to butter and stir in parsley, salt and pepper; toss to coat. 3.
3. Shave Parmigiano-Reggiano on top and enjoy.