Mango Lime Black Garlic BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, medium dice
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 8 Obis One Black Garlic Cloves
- Pinch of Obis One Black Garlic Salt
- PInch of Obis One Black Crack
- 1 ripe mango (peeled and flesh removed from pith)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1. Heat olive oil in saucepan on medium heat.
2. Once preheated add onions, jalapeños, and black garlic cloves. Season with black garlic salt and black crack. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions are soft.
3. Once soft add mango, sugar and lime juice. Cook until the mango starts to break down, stirring constantly.
4. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Place sauce in food processor and blend until smooth.
6. Use right away, or refrigerate for up to 7 day.s
- You can use the food processor to chop onions, jalapeños and mango to save time.
- Adjust vinegar to taste.
- Jalapeño can be substituted with other peppers. Habanero for more heat or poblano for less heat, etc.