Lobster Black n’ Cheese
Prep Time: 45 min
Cook Time: 15 min. oven time
Skill Level: Medium
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 Obis One black garlic clove, mashed into a paste
- 3 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 c. fresh panko bread crumbs, lightly toasted
- 3 Tbs. grated Parmesan
- Obis One Black Garlic Salt
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 4 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ c. whole milk
- 10 oz. finely grated cheddar
- 1/4 c. mascarpone
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp. Obis One black garlic salt
- 4 Tbs. Obis One Black Crack
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 4 c. diced cooked lobster meat
1. Stir black garlic into the butter. Place panko in a medium bowl and drizzle the butter over the crumbs.
2. Add a pinch of black garlic salt to the Parmesan and toss well to combine. Set aside.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Melt the butter in a heavy duty saucepan. Whisk in the flour and continue to whisk over low heat for 3 minutes, creating a white roux. Slowly add the milk, while whisking constantly. Whisk until the sauce is smooth and has the consistency of heavy cream, about 5 minutes. Raise the heat to medium and bring the sauce to a simmer, whisking constantly. Lower the heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, whisking occasionally, for 10 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat and gently whisk in the cheddar, mascarpone, and tarragon. Add black garlic salt and black crack. Keep warm.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain well, rinse with cold water and return to the pot.
5. Add the cheese sauce and lobster meat to the pasta and gently stir to combine. Transfer the pasta mixture to a 9×13-inch baking dish and evenly scatter the reserved panko on top. Bake at 350°F until the top is golden, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.