Hatteras Island Yellow Fin Tuna Poke
Fresh tuna lovers, this recipe is for you!
Prep Time: 10 min.
Fridge Time: 30 min. – 1 hr.
Skill Level: Easy
Serves: 6 Servings
- 2 lbs. fresh Yellow Fin tuna steaks, cubed
- 2 Obis One black garlic cloves, minced (use a bit of salt on your knife, premium organic black garlic can be sticky)
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
1. Pat tuna dry, then slice tuna into small 1/4 to 1/2 inch cubes.
2. Add all ingredients in a medium size non-reactive bowl and mix well.
3. Refrigerate for 30 min. to 1 hr. and serve.
* Why a non-reactive bowl, you ask? When foods react to untreated surfaces, the metals dissolve and the food picks up a metallic taste. Of course, we don’t want that!