Green Tomato, Black Garlic and Onion Jam
Looking for a way to use up some of those green tomatoes you have and try out our black garlic? Here’s a recipe for you!
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 40 min.
Skill Level: Medium
Yield: 2 cups
- 3 large green tomatoes, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, and diced
- 4 Obis One black garlic cloves(http://www.obisone.com/products/black-garlic-bulbs/organic-peeled-black-garlic-cloves/)
- ½ yellow onion, medium dice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ sheets of gelatin
1. Combine the green tomatoes, jalapeno, black garlic, onions, brown sugar, cider vinegar, honey, crushed red pepper, and salt in a heavy saucepot over low heat. Bring to a simmer and continue simmering over low heat for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
2. While the jam cools, add the gelatin to a bowl of cold water and let soak for 10 minutes.
Transfer the jam to a blender and purée until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl. Remove the gelatin from the bowl and squeeze gently to remove excess water. Add to the jam and whisk to dissolve. Refrigerate.