Garlic Scape Pesto
With a pretty light green hue, pesto made from scapes has a refreshing flavor.
- 1 pound garlic scapes
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil, separated
- 1/4 cup locatelli romano cheese
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup organic blanched slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Obis One Black Garlic Sea Salt
Trim scapes, removing bud, and cut into 2” pieces. Add 1 cup of oil and all other ingredients to a food processor and pulse two minutes. Turn processor on high and add remaining cup of oil in a steady stream. Continue processing 90 seconds.
Serve with pasta, as a dip or on crostini. Refrigerate up to two weeks. Freezes very well.
Makes one quart.