Black Garlic BBQ Sauce
The molasses-like flavor of
- 1 Slice of bacon
- 1 bunch of herbs (thyme oregano, or marjoram)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, medium dice
- 1/4 cup black garlic cloves
- 2 1/2 cups peeled tomatoes
- 1 tbl worchester sauce
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. Obis One Black Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Obis One Ground Black Crack
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1. Wrap bacon around herbs and tie with butchers twine.
2. Heat oil over medium heat.
3. Once pan is preheated add bacon bundle. Cook for 3-4 minutes and bacon fat is rendered.
4. Add the onion and black garlic.
5. Cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
6. While you are cooking the onions, place the rest of the ingredients together and mix.
7. Once the onions are translucent, add remaining ingredients.
8. Heat until sauce beigns to simmer and then reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes.
9. Once sauce is thickened remove bacon bundle and place sauce in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
10. Use right away or refrigerate for up to 7 days.
the black garlic gives this BBQ sauce a one-of-a-kind flavor.