3 dozen oysters
3 large beets, peeled and cut into 1 1/2″ cubes
2 quarts water
1/4 cup Obis One black garlic salt
4-6 shallots, chopped
1/4 cup prepared horseradish
2 tsp freshly ground peppercorns
4 cups champagne
- Scrub oysters well and keep chilled on ice.
- Place beets, water and salt into a medium stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Add shallots and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
- In a blender, puree beets with 2 cups of the cooking water and horseradish, in batches if necessary, and return contents to the pot. Add ground peppercorns.
- Refrigerate and allow to thoroughly cool. Stir in champagne.
- Place oysters in a large non-reactive bowl. Ladle puree mixtures over oysters, making sure all oysters are submerged.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Remove oysters and rinse shells thoroughly. Shuck oysters and serve on the half shell over ice.