Prep Time: 20 min
Fridge Time: 1 -2 hr
Cook Time: 8 min.
Skill Level: Easy
1 tbsp minced shallot
1/4 cup sherry
1/2 pint blackberries
1/2 cup of a big red wine (cab, zin, syrah, etc.)
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
4 cloves Obis One Black Garlic
1 cup of beef stock
salt and pepper to taste
1. Sauté shallots for about two minutes, until they become translucent.
2. Add sherry and cook until liquid is no longer visible.
3. Add blackberries, sugar, black garlic cloves and red wine; reduce by half.
4. Add beef stock and maple syrup and reduce by one quarter. Cook on low for 45 minutes, occasionally breaking up large pieces of garlic and blackberries; using the back of a spoon (they should break very easy at this point).
5. Season to taste using salt and pepper.