Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Skill Level: Easy
Serves: About 2 cups
• 2 Jersey tomatoes, cored and halved (about 1.5 lb.)
• 1 long hot pepper, seeded and sliced
• ½ medium onion, sliced
• 3 medium Obis One black garlic cloves(http://www.obisone.com/products/black-garlic-bulbs/organic-peeled-black-garlic-cloves/) smashed (use a bit of salt to help with the sticking)
• 1 tbsp. Obis One Black Crack(http://www.obisone.com/products/seasonings/black-crack/)
• 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
• ½ lemon, juiced
• salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450oF.
2. Place the tomato halves skin-side up on a baking sheet and add pepper, onion and garlic. Roast on the top shelf until the tomato skins start to blacken and blister, about 10 minutes.
3. Transfer the vegetables to a blender and blend into a smooth purée. Add black crack and salt to taste. Transfer to a medium bowl and let the purée cool.
4. Stir in the cilantro and lime juice. Store in the refrigerator with a tight lid until ready to serve. Serve chilled.
Posted on 3/13/2014 at 11:25:00 PM