Inspired by H. Alexander Talbot and Aki Kamozawa
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 4 hrs.
Skill Level: Tough
Serves: 4 Side Dishes or 2 Small Plates
Black Garlic Butter Sauce:
- Set immersion circulator to 195°F. If you are not using an immersion circulator, heat water in a large pot to 195°F, monitoring it throughout the process using a candy thermometer.
- Clean mushrooms by using a slight damp cloth.
- Combine mushrooms, olive oil, thyme and black garlic crack. Vacuum seal.
- Cook sous vide in 195°F bath for 4 hrs.
- Carefully remove mushrooms from the vacuum-sealed bags and drain on a half sheet tray lined with paper towels.
- Remove heads and pull mushrooms apart making small strings.
- Using a saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Remove from the heat.
- Add mushroom “pasta” to butter and stir in parsley, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Shave Parmigiano-Reggiano on top and enjoy.
Posted on 3/13/2014 at 11:54:00 PM