Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Skill Level: Medium
Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 fresh poblano chili peppers, roasted, skinned, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter
- 3 Tbs flour
- 3 c whole milk
- 8 oz Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA, room temperature
- 1 lb Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 lb Obis One Black Garlic Gouda (aka Black Gold) cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp crushed aleppo pepper
- 2 tsp freshly ground Obis One Black Crack(http://www.obisone.com/products/seasonings/black-crack/)
Make a simple bechamel sauce with butter, flour and whole milk. Add beer, whisk and reduced until slightly thickened. Add cheeses in stages to melt. Stir in aleppo and Black Crack. Taste sauce, but resist the temptation to add salt. Whisk and reduce to desired consistency on low hear.
Serve with Philly Pretzel Factory’s PhillyBlackCrackZels.
Posted on 3/13/2014 at 11:15:00 PM