Prep Time: 45 min
Cook Time: 15 min. oven time
Skill Level: Medium
Yield: 6 Servings
- Stir black garlic into the butter. Place panko in a medium bowl and drizzle the butter over the crumbs.
- Add a pinch of black garlic salt to the Parmesan and toss well to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a heavy duty saucepan. Whisk in the flour and continue to whisk over low heat for 3 minutes, creating a white roux. Slowly add the milk, while whisking constantly. Whisk until the sauce is smooth and has the consistency of heavy cream, about 5 minutes. Raise the heat to medium and bring the sauce to a simmer, whisking constantly. Lower the heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, whisking occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and gently whisk in the cheddar, mascarpone, and tarragon. Add black garlic salt and black crack. Keep warm.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain well, rinse with cold water and return to the pot.
- Add the cheese sauce and lobster meat to the pasta and gently stir to combine. Transfer the pasta mixture to a 9×13-inch baking dish and evenly scatter the reserved panko on top. Bake at 350°F until the top is golden, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Posted on 3/13/2014 at 11:18:00 PM