Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 1 hr.
Skill Level: Easy
Serves: 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 500oF. Remove roast from fridge and allow time to warm to room temp.
- Combine black garlic cloves, black crack, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper into a food processor and pulse until well blended (if processor is unavailable give all ingredients a rough chop).
- Prep the roast by making 4 slits in the roast and filing the holes with chopped herbs and garlic. Rub the remaining mixture on roast.
- *Be careful not to make deep slits so slicing can be clean.
- Placing the roast on a rack in roasting pan, fat side up, sear for 20 minutes.
- Remove roast from oven and reduce temperature to 275 degrees.
- Add stock and chopped onions to the roasting pan and return to oven.
- Cook for another 30 minutes, until medium rare.
Posted on 3/13/2014 at 11:22:00 PM